Wednesday 9 August 2017

Klymit Pillow


  • Cost: ££££ (£19.75) GET IT HERE 
  • Value for Money: 3
  • Ease of use: 5
  • Construction: 5
  • Alliness:         2
  If I had a favourite brand for outdoor gear it would probably be Klymit.  You may have seen my review of the Klymit sleeping pads I already have (Spoiler – They’re Awesome!).  I have recently added another to my collection (wait out for review) because I was looking for something a bit more luxurious… To go with it I decided I wanted a pillow.  There are tons of inflatable pillows available, all of them just variations on a theme.  The Klymit pillow is different however.
  Firstly, like all Klymit inflatable products, it inflates and deflates really rapidly.  No getting dizzy trying to force air into it.  Equally, when it comes to time to stick it away it deflates in literally a couple of seconds.


  Next up, it is tiny when it’s folded away in its little stuff sack.  This thing is literally only a smidge bigger than the size of a lighter.  Sucks to be you if you opt for a cammo one and drop it on the deck!  Mine fits very neatly inside the same bag as my sleeping pad.
  Like all Klymit products it has seriously robust construction.  It has a 30D top and a 75D bottom which makes for really high tear and abrasion resistance.  Unlike the sleep pads, it doesn’t come with a repair kit, but you would be pretty unlucky to need one.
  The “X Design” is meant to stabilise and centre your head.  It is also designed to fit inside the hood of a doss bag.  With it in the hood I frankly found that it was only comfortable when I laid on my back.  Not great, as I am a side sleeper.  It was also a bit sweaty against the face so I shoved it between my bivvy and my doss bag, which was much better all-round as it meant I could use it side sleeping.



  To sum up, I would say that this is a great bit of kit in terms of its size and durability, but is a little disappointing in terms of comfort.  Especially given its cost.  That said, it is still miles ahead of anything else that is available.  You clearly will get no Alliness points if you pull one of these out, real soldiers don’t use pillows!  But it is worth considering for chucking in your kit to use at a FOB or PB, when weight and size really count.  You can get them here 


  

  This Kit Pest Review was written by Ben OToole. Hopefully you enjoyed it and if you have any thoughts or comments related to this article then leave a comment! 


 If you'd like to visit Cooper's Kit Corner, you can find it here.

 If you'd like to visit Gen Kit Exchange, you can find it here.

 Tax Reclaims - https://forces-money.co.uk/military-kit-insurance/

No comments:

Post a Comment